A reprise of a very early interview with Phyllis Diller.

A reprise of a very early interview with Phyllis Diller. Her eternal memory passing at ninety five , August 20, 2012,

I

"You want anything?" she chuckled, her eyes gleaming. "My father would be over a hundred, if he were alive today. My mom had me late in life. I was an only child nd led a lonely life.
They wanted me to get a musical education andf go to college. All that bit," she said..

"I always remember how as a child, I kept myself busy playing with fantasy.
II

"You asked me if I have a point of view about my comedy. "Did you ever see children’s drawings?"
"They’re so simple," she said. "I think they’re beautiful. As a chld, m y fantasy.was about kings and queens and princesses.

III

"Do you feel you have something to say? Something to communicate to grown ups?"
"Absolutely! You can call it what you will. Whether imagination or fantsy, it hovers over, above and under reality.
"It concerns a woman’s approach," she said."Because I am a woman All woman That’s why I do, what I do. I have something to say.
"Being a mother of five chuldren, I think it makes it easier for me to say something. And be
somebody.

IV

"You find it hard to be funny in a day of whirling threats and atom bombs"
"Ever since humans crawled out of the cave, there’s been something or other. Starvation.
The bubonic plague..
"My job is to try and communicate happiness to these humans.

V

"How do you manage?"
"A woman I met in Philadelphia, asked the same question," she said.
"I asked her how did she manage?
"She told me she, her husband, and their five kids are all in analysis. Going to shrinks.. You can’t be happy, if you take yourself so seriously.

VI

"Look", she said, her fingers pointing to the glass of ginger ale, at the end of the table.
"Lots of humans would say the glass is half empty. I would say it’s half full.
Those gleaming eyes saw the reality........
The bubbles rising to the top of the glass were not bubbles of ginger ale.They were bubbles, looking like Phyllis Diller’s point of view..
The "Village" of the city that never sleeps, September 1, 2012